Each Host Brings A Film That Influenced Who They Are
It’s our third Quell as Fighting in The War Room, and we’re getting all nostalgic again. Katey, Da7e, David and Patches have each brought a film that they wanted to be when they grew up. Katey always wanted to be Marty McFly from Back to the Future, Da7e wishes he were Penny Marshall’s Big, David sees himself in James L. Brooks’ Broadcast News and Patches, perhaps predictably, chooses earnest love-of-teaching-music movie Mr. Holland’s Opus.
Take a listen, embed and/or download below; for more from all of us on Twitter: follow the show (@FITWR), Katey (@kateyrich) Patches (@misterpatches), Da7e (@Da7e) and David (@davidehrlich or @CriterionCorner).
We also welcome your feedback!
Find us and like us at our Facebook page
Please subscribe on iTunes and KICK US A REVIEW if you like what you hear! It helps us with expanding to new listeners, especially in these early days of the new podcast!
00:00 – Welcome to Episode 75
01:48 – Katey’s Back to the Future
19:47 – Da7e’s Big
36:52 – David’s Broadcast News
55:54 – Patches’ Mr. Holland’s Opus
Previous Quarter Quells:
- OpKino Classic: First Quarter Quell (August 26th 2011)
- OpKino Classic: The 2nd Quarter Quell (Feb. 22nd 2012)
- OpKino Classic: Storytelling Quarter Quell (Aug 10th 2012)
- OpKino Classic: Family Interview Full Quell (Feb 8th, 2013)
- FITWR 025 – The Filmmaking Quarter Quell (June 3rd, 2014)
- FITWR 050 – QQ2: Movies for the Moment (Dec. 2nd 2014)