It's only as political as it needs to be.
It's our sixth Quell as Fighting in The War Room! After polling listeners for Quarter Quell topics, the crew ends up selecting a winner, then tweakign the wording a bit. What they're left with is a prompt to bring movies that represent what they want to see in America. Da7e brings Mr. Smith Goes To Washington for basically the reasons you'd assume, Katey looks back to Juno and a suburbia full of characters, Patches justifies why he selected Michael Haneke's Caché, and David picks a full-length dance movie with Girl Walk All Day.
Find us and like us at our Facebook page
Please subscribe on iTunes and KICK US A REVIEW if you like what you hear!
00:23 – Welcome to Episode 150!
04:58 – Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
20:58 – Juno
38:24 – Caché
58:38 – GirlWalk//AllDay
Previous Quarter Quells:
- OpKino Classic: First Quarter Quell (August 26th 2011)
- OpKino Classic: The 2nd Quarter Quell (Feb. 22nd 2012)
- OpKino Classic: Storytelling Quarter Quell (Aug 10th 2012)
- OpKino Classic: Family Interview Full Quell (Feb 8th, 2013)
- FITWR 025 – The Filmmaking Quarter Quell (June 3rd, 2014)
- FITWR 050 – QQ2: Movies for the Moment (Dec. 2nd 2014)
- FITWR 075 – QQ3: Movies We Wanted To Be When We Grew Up.
- FITWR 100 – Significant Other Full Quell
- FITWR 125 – Movies We Want to Show (Our) Children